Common Core in Mathematics: Instructional Shifts for Effective Implementation, Grades 9-12
Presented by: KDS
In this course, educators will become fully versed in the foundations of The Common Core State Standards for Mathematics (CCSS-M) and will see demonstrations of the three instructional shifts and Standards for Mathematical Practice needed for successful alignment to the Common Core State Standards. This course is built around classroom demonstration videos from grades 9-12, engaging readings, rigorous activities, and assessments.
To support implementation of these shifts, educators will:
- Evaluate their instructional practice for alignment to the shifts of the CCSS-M
- Plan standards-aligned lessons for grades 9-12 students using the combination of Standards for Mathematical Content & Standards for Mathematical Practice
- Identify demonstrations of the Standards for Mathematical Practice in action
- Plan and design formative assessments to regularly inform instruction and student supports
- Design curriculum and lessons that incorporate the instructional shifts
- Develop units of study and lesson plans using a backwards-design method and include diverse learning paths for all learners
- 9th-12th grade classroom demonstrations
- Teacher interviews
- Guided instruction by educational presenter
45 Clock Hours $279
1 Graduate Credit ** $304
3 Graduate Credits $499
** Plus additional fee of $55 payable to Adams State University at course completion. See Program Details for more information.
The KDS Common Core in Math (CCSS-M) courses were developed by a select group of educators and leading experts in mathematics, curriculum, instruction, and assessment. This collective team of experts developed practical and engaging courses that provide teachers with an in-depth examination of the instructional shifts and Standards for Mathematical Practice, teacher perspectives, and resources to support successful implementation of the CCSS-M in their schools.